Explore the Dominican Republic
- The Dominican Republic is surrounded by both the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea making it home to an abundance of white sand beaches with clear blue water.
- Has one of the most stable governmental systems and economies in the Caribbean and Latin America. Because it is a Republic much like the United States their constitution allows for peaceful transfers of power/succession to ensure stability and prevent unrest.
- The host to many foreign visitors including but not limited to the United States, Canada, Russia, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. Many Europeans are able to take 1-3 months vacation and often visit for extended periods.
Potential To Increase ROI
Lower Tax Margin Than the United States
Diverse Tourist Culture
Maximize Your Rental Profits
Did You Know?
- ¾ of the Dominican Republic is undeveloped leaving more opportunities form equity growth. This includes beach front properties.
- New construction is continually underway and is an estimated 20-40% less than the resale value of the property.
- Beachfront villas in the Dominican Republic are typically half the cost of beach front villas in the United States. This is due to the fact that only ¼ of the island has been developed. As the island becomes more developed it is likely that the property values will increase greatly due to the principal of land scarcity.
Dominican Property Taxes
- One time 3% property transfer tax on properties $80,000 USD or more
- Some new construction projects are exempt from this tax
- At this time no Air bnb tax
- 1% annual property tax on properties valued $140,000 or more. The first $140,000 of your assessed property value is tax exempt. You only pay 1% on whatever the value is above $140,000.
- No income tax on those who have an income below $7300 USD
Diversity in Tourism
- The Dominican Republic is the host to many foreign visitors including but not limited to the United States, Canada, Russia, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. Many Europeans are able to take 1-3 months vacation and often visit for extended periods.
- Due to the rising cost of healthcare in the U.S. and the wait time to see specialists in Canada, many Americans and Canadians will obtain permanent residency in the D.R.. With permanent residency they are able to take advantage of the low cost of health insurance and private state of the art health care facilities.
- The D.R has governmental stability and less instances of crime particularly random violent crime making it more appealing to tourists.
Make More Money With Vacation Rentals
- An average 1 bedroom condo will rent for $75-$100 a night. Location to the beach and size of condo will raise the rate. $30 cleaning fee is common. In Punta Cana $150-$200 per night is average.
- Rent villas to families or multiple people for a higher rate.
- At full capacity each month at a rate of $75/ night plus cleaning fee approximately $2220/month
- There are many new construction projects that combine resorts and condominiums making it an ideal vacation rental situation. Clients have all the amenities of a resort but with the luxury of having their own cooking and laundry at their disposal.
- Utilities in the Dominican such as electric and water are billed at a lower rate than the United States
- Offer your guests additional services such as cleaning/cooking at an additional rate. With the cost of labor low in the Dominican Republic offering additional services can be another source of income for you.
- With the cost of labor being lower it makes repairing and maintaining your property less expensive.
- Many condominiums offer 24 hour security/doormen that will carry clients bags and monitor who enters/exits the building.
- Many property management opportunities available at a percentage of your profit that will photograph, stage, turn over (clean, check for client necessities), manage/optimize your air bnb listings and more!